Only the developer knows how it feels when you miss a semicolon in a code of a thousand lines, and this leads to an error in starting the program.
Competent text editors can notify the programmer of similar mistakes in the syntax directly when writing code.
Code Editing Software for Windows That Programmers Use in 2019
Over the past five years, a lot has changed in the technology industry. A lot of new things have appeared, from the most significant developments in the field of artificial intelligence to reliable smart devices.
Also, new programming languages were introduced to create modern technologies.
Such rapid growth in the technology sector has caused increased demand for developers. All over the world, people are needed who can write a large amount of clean and optimized code at given intervals.
For such compelling work, they, of course, need the best tools, and the most necessary, of course, is the code editor.
Some of these products, such as Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator, are widely used in web design and for creating graphics.
The main difference between Brackets and other code editors is the remarkable Extract function. It allows you to extract colors, sizes, fonts, gradients, etc. from a PSD file to create a ready-to-use CSS file.
- It uses built-in editors for quick access to a specific part of the code and faster implementation.
- Real-time code preview.
- Thanks to the open-source code, it is easily customizable.
- It is regularly updated: new functionality is added, bugs are fixed.
- There is no support for splitting the screen into parts.
Brackets is one of the most effective and best editors for Mac. It is open-source and updated continuously. If you have problems, you can contact the Adobe community.
This is the enhanced and feature-rich brother of the Notepad text editor, which can be found on Windows OS. Between them, there is a significant difference in the interface, which you will notice after you start working with Notepad ++.
This application supports various programming languages but is mostly known as the best HTML editor. The program allows you to select colors for syntax highlighting and highlights errors in the code as it is entered.
- Although the program was created for Windows, it can be run on Linux, Unix, Mac OS X (for the latter – using Wine).
- The application is lightweight and runs quickly.
- Supports external plugins, including macros.
- The interface supports editing in different tabs.
- Adding bookmarks.
- Drag and drop option for beginners.
- Search and replace text option.
- Full-screen mode.
- Minimize to tray.
- Thoughtful syntax highlighting.
Many modern code editors do not provide the ability to highlight the code in case of any error, and Notepad ++ supports this function and helps to write error-free code.
It takes only a few clicks to download notepad++ and experience the authentic atmosphere of coding instantly.
Komodo Edit is another open-source platform that can be used on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Extreme speed.
For a small amount, you can purchase a more advanced version of the editor, in which teamwork is possible.
- Syntax highlighting & code coloring.
- Code completion.
- Auto indentation.
- Support for extensions and macros.
- Large files are not supported.
It can be used as a text editor for Mac. It may be difficult for beginners to understand the interface, and therefore Komodo Edit is often preferred by more experienced professionals.
And this is an editor for experienced programmers. Jedit is an open-source platform developed using the Java language. This language is among the most protected.
Functional bytecode in Java complicates its decryption and decoding. The application supports hundreds of plugins and macros.
- Auto indentation.
- Folding code and text.
- This is the most powerful regular expression engine.
- Spellchecker, FTP support, the ability to integrate the compiler using a third-party plugin.
- The ability to run multiple instances of the program at the same time.
- Integrated FTP browser.
- Being written in Java, the application is massive, and therefore it takes time to load.
- No co-editing.
If you need a well-debugged and secure platform, jEdit is the right choice for you.
This java-based code editor sometimes takes time to load, but its features and functions will not disappoint you.
Enjoy this free text editor for a clean, safe and optimized programming session.
Araneae is a text editor that will enrich your experience writing code and programming on Windows computers.
Although most of the programs available for Windows also work on Mac and Linux, Araneae is one of the few exceptions that run only on Windows.
This tool includes numerous extensions and localizations, which provides support for many languages (HTML, CSS, XHTML, PHP, and Rails) without downloading third-party extensions.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Drag and drop option for faster development.
- Search and replace multiple edits.
- Support for running multiple instances, as in jEdit.
- No support for third-party plugins and macros.
Araneae, running only on Windows, offers faster updates and bug fixes. It can be successfully used as a PHP editor.
Programming is hard work. That is why you need the best tools to achieve the highest productivity, convenient to use and, if possible, inexpensive.
We hope that on our list you will find a suitable editor for your needs.
Also Follow us on Facbook, Twitter, Instagram For Give Away.
BE THE 1ST TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA USE THE SOCIAL MEDIA ICON ABOVE OR BELOW THANKS.