Great Makurdians! Please share this post with all Uam students
Today April 23, 2018, a very crucial meeting was held between the University Administration and the Students Union during which they proposed to increase the University hostel accommodation charges to 20, 000 and 25,000 respectively.
Reasons for their intent was based on the following
1. Inadequate funds to complete hostels so students can occupy by first semester
2. Inadequate funds to maintain hostels
3. Quality of services enjoyed by students staying in the hostel can not be compared with other institutions who pay the same amount (6100)
4. Inadequate funds to complete water and fence at north core to facilitate accommodations by students
5. Mattresses would be given to students on payment of hostel charges.
Consequently as expected, we deliberated on these issues without reaching a logical CONCLUSION as the Leadership of the Union did not agree to the proposed terms. Part of the reasons why they considered that the 25/20,000 charge was not too high but reasonable was because
1. Students sell hostel spaces for as high as 40,000 and yet students buy willingly without complaining
2. Students pay as high as 100,000 off campus and yet can not benefit amenities such as free light, clean water, adequate security, etc.
As leaders who have pledged to carry its members along during this administration, we seek to know your opinions on this matter and what you suggest should be the most appropriate charges for the accommodation.
Thanks, and receive assurances of our resolute stand and consideration of your GOOD OPINIONS. Please share this post with all Uam students
PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENT BELOW AS THIS WILL HELP MAKE CONCLUSIONS AND FINAL DECISION BY THE SCHOOL
PLEASE USE THE SOCIAL MEDIA ICON AFTER THE LOGO TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIAS WINNAIJA.COM.NG LOVE YOU