With the official declaration of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) candidate Oluwaseyi Makinde as the winner of the Oyo State governorship elections, e247mag.com reveals 8 facts about the politician.
Makinde who polled 515,621 votes, against all odds, edged the All Progressives Congress candidate’s Bayo Adelabu who managed to get 357,982 votes to win coveted seat.
The Oyo state INEC returning officer Mutui Olaleke Agboke declared Makinde as the winner.
Here are 8 amazing facts about Oluwaseyi Makinde
1. He was born on Christmas Day of the year 1967.
2. He is married to Tamunominini, and they have three children.
3. Makinde is an Engineer and a subject matter expert on fluid and Gas Meterin.
4. Makinde did his national service (NYSC) with Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria, where he was later engaged as a pupil engineer.
5. In 2007, Makinde contested for the Oyo South Senatorial seat under the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) but lost to the People’s Democratic Party candidate- Kamoru Adedibu.
6. In December 2014, upon the conclusion of the party’s primary election, he was denied the governorship nomination ticket.
7. Makinde however, remained true to his ambition and defected to the Social Democratic Party (SDP), under which platform he contested for the Oyo State 2015 SDP gubernatorial candidate, but lost out in the end.
8. He returned to the PDP in 2017 after the former caretaker national chairman of the of the party Senator Ahmed Makarfi visited him.