Entertainment

20 women accuse ‘Doctor Who’ actor Noel Clarke of sexual misconduct

“Doctor Who” actor Noel Clarke has been accused of sexual misconduct by 20 women.

20 women accuse ‘Doctor Who’ actor Noel Clarke of sexual misconduct

In a damning new exposé by the Guardian, “Doctor Who” and “Kidulthood” actor Noel Clarke has been accused of sexual misconduct by 20 women. In response, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts has suspended the British actor’s membership.

The accusations against the actor-producer include “sexual harassment, unwanted touching or groping, sexually inappropriate behavior and comments on set, professional misconduct, taking and sharing sexually explicit pictures and videos without consent, and bullying between 2004 and 2019,” the newspaper reported.

Earlier this month, BAFTA had bestowed Clarke, 45, with its prestigious prize for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema. The award was reportedly the final straw for many of his accusers, who have since gone public with their allegations of his abuse of industry power to repeatedly harass his female colleagues, according to the Guardian.

Clarke vehemently denies the accusations, and BAFTA admits that it received anonymous tips regarding the allegations, but insists it did not have sufficient evidence to investigate.

“No firsthand allegations were sent to us. No names, times, dates, productions or other details were ever provided,” the academy told CNN. “We very much regret that women felt unable to provide us with the kind of firsthand testimony that has now appeared in The Guardian … Had we been in receipt of this, we would never have presented the award to Noel Clarke.”

Clarke categorically denied every allegation the Guardian presented him with, only allowing that he once made inappropriate comments about one accuser, for which he says he later apologized.

“In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me,” he said, in a statement. “If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologize. I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”

Clarke’s representation did not immediately return The Post’s own request for comment.

The actor also told the Associated Press on Friday that he is “seeking professional help” in a separate statement.

“I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or criminal wrongdoing. Recent reports however have made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways I did not intend or realize. To those individuals, I am deeply sorry. I will be seeking professional help to educate myself and change for the better,” Clarke told AP.

In response to the Guardian’s article, BAFTA issued a statement that they “suspended” his honorary award.

TO WATCH THE VIDEO TAP HERE AND CLICK "SUBSCRIBE"

“In light of the Guardian’s piece, which for Bafta provided for the first time detailed accounts outlining serious allegations regarding Noel Clarke’s conduct, we have immediately suspended the award and Noel Clarke’s membership of Bafta until further notice,” the statement read.

Do you like Winnaijatv? We count on you! Follow us on Googlenews, And get 1k. Click Here, and Click the Star.
JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST NEWS UPDATES 247🔥 (CLICK HERE)
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR LATEST NEWS UPDATES 247🔥 (CLICK HERE)
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE FOR VIRAL VIDEOS IS FREE
Follow Us On Twitter For Free Give Away Daily (CLICK HERE)
Join Our Facebook Group And Get Unlimited Likes On Your Post (CLICK HERE)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button